Thursday, September 6, 2012

Less Messy Mess


These past few months have been interesting... What I thought would be months filled with kicking back and chillin' with God and the kids hasn't exactly turned out that way... as a matter of fact, it's turned my life and household upside down -- litterally!  True to form, I don't do things the easy way and have had a few nervous breakdowns in the process.  But, through my dear and devoted friends, I have made it thru most of the mounds of crap my family has accumulated over the past six years!

I realized that all of this purging and rearranging is all a bit new to me, because for ALL of my adult life, I've never lived in one place more than five years!  So cleaning out stuff, purging, etc. is a completely new concept.  Maybe that's not totally true... I guess I knew it, but by a different name... packing!

God has shown me things about myself through this process that have been very unexpected... Mostly uncomfortable, but I'm better for it... 

Lesson 1: The one with the most stuff does not win.  Stuff can become a weight and a burden that causes stress and anxiety. 

Lesson 2: Spending more money on something doesn't make it better.  In my (many) projects of late, I have transformed things that most would have tossed away and made them awesome!  While the scars of the past are still there, a little paint/fabric and duct tape, moved to another location or used for a different purpose has transformed them.

I'm rambling on to share my new wisdom... life is messy, chaotic, crazy and can change in an instant.  As much as I've huffed and puffed and tried to change it, LIFE IS MESSY!  I didn't realize how much so until I made the time to stop and look...  I discovered that it's always been messy, but I've been too busy to notice!  The best part is having people in your life to go through the mess along side you.  Who have messy lives too.  Who let you know it's ok!

So, I'm here to tell ya... Let the mess be -- it'll still be there tomorrow and take time to spend with God, husband, friends, kids, needy, etc.  Who likes to be around people that (think they) have it all together anyway?!?!!!!

...just a few thoughts and project pics from my less messy, mess...

Just a few of my favorite things!

Thanks to my friend, Elizabeth, my book cases are pretty!  I will never alphabetize my books again!  Color-coding is the way to go!!!!

My handy little desk shelf!
 Found these cool thingy's... think they were called Copper Pipe Hangers... all I know is they're pretty and I got 5 for $1.50!!!!


Oooooooh the things I could do with them!!!!
...Mounted book ends....?!?!!?







....Legs for another mini shelf...?!?!!!!

... File Folder Holders...?!?!!!?
Sooooooo much fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment